Kratom is a plant that naturally grows in Southeast Asia and has long been utilized in eastern medicine. In Western nations, where it is just starting to penetrate the mainstream market, kratom is recently growing in popularity due to its therapeutic and medicinal characteristics.
There are three different types of kratom: red vein, white vein, and green vein. There are also several sub-types of kratom, which vary depending on where it was grown. Euphoria, vitality, relaxation, and sedation are just a few benefits and characteristics of kratom. Kratom, however, is also a powerful painkiller and aids in reducing the signs of depression. Additionally, kratom is a fantastic ally in the fight against opiate withdrawal.
Related Link: What Is Kratom? - Capsules, Dosage & Effects of High
The Human Kidney
The human kidney is an important organ that performs numerous vital functions. Kidney failure is a severe medical condition in which the kidneys fail to filter byproducts from the bloodstream adequately. Although many people recover after initial treatment and lifestyle changes, it is crucial to monitor this condition carefully, as it can lead to long-term health complications if not managed correctly.
Those with chronic kidney disease (CKD) are at higher risk of infection and anemia, as well as an increased risk for stroke, heart attack, and death. It is essential to be aware of signs and symptoms of kidney dysfunction, such as fatigue, decreased urination, swollen extremities, nausea, and vomiting. If you experience any of these, you must contact a health professional immediately.
When kidney stones are big, they can even obstruct urine flow. Kidney stones are crystalline deposits of minerals that form in the kidney or the ureter. They cause excruciating pain and raise the possibility of kidney infections.
Three primary factors raise the likelihood of developing kidney stones, even if it is impossible to pinpoint a single cause for them:
- A large number of the ingredients that can create stones (e.g., uric acid, oxalate, or calcium)
- A reduction in urine production or a deficiency of components that can prevent kidney stones from forming in the urine
Have any inquiries regarding kratom? Contact us today!
Kratom & Kidney Stones
A study based on anecdotal evidence determined that the use of kratom in healthy individuals did not hurt the kidneys concerning the effect of kratom on our kidneys. In fact, there hasn't been much research on the effects of kratom on people.
The only studies that have been done so far have been on animals. Diuretics promote fluid loss, which could potentially result in dehydration, putting people who regularly use kratom at danger.
Dehydration can be extremely harmful because of the following:
- Kidney stones are linked to dehydration: Kidney stones are more likely to form if kratom is used too frequently without adequate hydration. This happens because the substances that can cause stones cannot be eliminated from the kidneys, urinary system, ureter, or bladder.
- Your kidneys' functionality could be harmed by dehydration: By converting the toxins into fluids, our kidneys remove them from our bodies. These fluids will then be eliminated by our body through urine. But sufficient fluids are necessary for our kidneys to function correctly.
- Constipation may be brought on by dehydration: Your intestines may need to absorb extra water from the contents of your digestive system as a result of dehydration. This can lead to constipation along with the slower intestine movement that kratom may occasionally produce.
Related Link: How Do I Know Which Kratom Capsules are Right For Me?
Kratom & Kidney Health
As previously mentioned, kratom has the potential to cause dehydration, which could lead to the development of kidney stones. Additionally, kidney infections may become more likely as a result of kidney stones. As a result, it is theoretically plausible that kratom consumption could result in kidney infections, albeit no research has been done on this. The risk of infection can increase when large kidney stones clog the urine tract.
Due to the sharpness with which they may scratch the kidneys, ureter, bladder, or urinary system, smaller stones, even if they do not restrict the flow of urine, might nonetheless result in an infection. These scratches may later become infected, which could lead to an infection spreading. Since there is little fluid to aid the body in getting rid of it, dehydration could make kidney infection worse.
Avoiding Kratom Kidney Damage
Fortunately, by following a few straightforward guidelines, you may prevent kidney problems such kidney stones or infections:
- Use kratom only in moderation: By avoiding everyday use of kratom, you can aid your body in recovering from the dehydration brought on by the drug's diuretic effects. Any chemical used in excess can strain the kidneys. As a result, be cautious to use kratom responsibly and sparingly.
- Take in a lot of water: It is strongly advised to consume at least 8 glasses of water each day. You might need to raise this dosage if you're using any medications or kratom that have diuretic effects. However, that will depend on your degree of activity and general health. You are giving the kidneys enough fluids to remove toxins by doing this. They won't be under as much stress as a result. Additionally, since your body will drain away the components that contribute to kidney stones, you are preventing their creation.
- Eat a balanced diet: Protein-rich, potassium- and sodium-rich diets make it harder for the kidneys to get rid of waste products. You can maintain the health of your kidneys by eating a healthy, balanced diet. This will lessen the possibility of later experiencing issues brought on by kratom or any other substance.
Are you searching for kratom? Visit Shot of Joy to check out our kratom products!
Kidneys & Kratom Use
Now that you know how kratom can potentially affect the kidneys, it is important to read about all of the benefits of kratom. Check out our website to learn more about the benefits of kratom and to checkout some high-quality kratom products on the market.Related Link: The Dangers and Potential of ‘Natural’ Opioid Kratom