Kava concentrates extract the active ingredients from the kava plant and remove unnecessary "filler" compounds like fibers, sugars, proteins, and cell structures. As a result, kava concentrates are potent and should be used cautiously, as a small amount can provide a robust effect profile. There are several different types of Kava concentrates, including pastes, powders, and liquids. This article will review the best kava concentrates available on the market.
Related Link: Does Kava Get You High? What to Know
Root of Happiness - Polynesian Gold 30% CO2 Kava Extract
There are two variations of this product available from Root of Happiness: a 30% extract and a 70% extract. The 30% extract is chosen because it can be easily dissolved in water, whereas the 70% extract needs to be thoroughly mixed in a blender and can separate out if let to sit for even a short while. Additionally, the 30% extract offers a more uniform impact profile with fewer side effects. To use, mix 1 gram of the powder vigorously for 30 seconds with water, nut milk, or another beverage.
Lemon Honey Kava Concentrate
This kava concentrate from Root of Happiness is made from a blend of kava root, lemon balm, and honey, and is designed to provide a pleasant taste and calming effect. The recommended serving size is 1 gram, taken up to three times daily.
Have any questions about kratom? Get in touch today!
Kalm with Kava - Kava Concentrate
Kalm with Kava offers a liquid kava concentrate made from a blend of pure kava root and a coconut water base. The company claims that this product provides a more pleasant taste and easier absorption compared to other Kava concentrates. The recommended serving size is 1-2 tablespoons, depending on the desired effect.
Pipers United Extract Blend
This kava concentrate combines Kava (Piper methysticum) and black pepper (Piper nigrum). 30% of the weight of the kava extract is made up of kavalactones. The black pepper extract, on the other hand, has a ratio of 420:1, making it extremely concentrated. The piperine in black pepper induces the cells lining the gastrointestinal tract to separate and spread out, allowing more substances to flow from the digestive tract to lymph fluid and finally the blood. This blend is made to promote absorption in the gut. Depending on the intended outcome, Root of Happiness suggests a serving size of 250–500mg.
Pride of Papua - 70% CO2 Extract
Pride of Papua's 70% CO2 extract is a highly concentrated form of Kava that is designed for use as a sleep aid. The company recommends a serving size of 200-400mg, taken 30 minutes before bedtime.
It is also important to be aware that kava concentrates have not been thoroughly studied for their safety and effectiveness, and the FDA has not approved them for use. While some people may find Kava concentrates helpful for managing anxiety, stress, or insomnia, it is crucial to be aware of the potential risks and to use caution when using these products. Kava concentrates are potent and should be used with caution
In addition to using Kava concentrates, there are other natural options that may help manage anxiety, stress, or insomnia. These may include herbal remedies, such as chamomile, valerian root, and passionflower, and lifestyle changes, such as exercise, meditation, and getting sufficient sleep. It is also essential to address any underlying causes of anxiety, stress, or insomnia, such as trauma, medical conditions, or other stressors. Working with a qualified healthcare provider can help you identify and address these underlying issues and develop a well-rounded treatment plan.
Related Link: What is a Kava Bar? Why They are Popular
Types of Kava Concentrate
There are several different types of Kava concentrates available on the market, each with its own unique properties and characteristics. Here is a brief overview of the different types of Kava concentrates:
- Kava Pastes: Kava pastes are made by grinding the kava root into a fine powder and then mixing it with a solvent, such as water or alcohol, to extract the active compounds. The resulting paste is typically thick and sticky, and it can be challenging to dissolve in water. Kava pastes are very strong and should be used with caution.
- Kava Powders: Kava powders are made by grinding the kava root into a fine powder and then removing the inactive components, such as fibers, sugars, and proteins. The resulting powder is highly concentrated and should be used with caution. Kava powders can be difficult to dissolve in water and may taste bitter.
- Kava Liquids: Kava liquids are made by dissolving Kava concentrates in a liquid base, such as water, coconut water, or alcohol. Kava liquids are easier to consume and may have a more pleasant taste compared to pastes or powders. However, they can still be very strong and should be used cautiously.
Strains of Kava
In addition to the different types of Kava concentrates, it is also important to be aware of the different strains of Kava that are available. Kava strains are classified based on the type of kava plant used to produce the concentrate, and each strain has its own unique properties and effects. Some common kava strains include:
- Noble Kava: Noble kava is considered to be the highest quality and most potent type of Kava. It is made from the roots of the kava plant and is known for its strong relaxing and stress-relieving effects. Noble Kava is often used to treat anxiety, insomnia, and other conditions.
- Tudei Kava: Tudei kava, also known as "two-day" Kava, is a less potent strain of Kava that is known for its sedative effects. It is made from the roots and stems of the kava plant and is typically less expensive than noble Kava. Tudei kava can cause more side effects and is generally not recommended for long-term use.
- Wild Kava: Wild Kava is a type of Kava that is harvested from the wild rather than being cultivated. It is typically less potent than noble Kava and may have different effects. It is important to be aware of the different strains of Kava and to choose a strain that is appropriate for your specific needs. It is also essential to follow the recommended dosage and to use caution when using Kava concentrates, as they can have potentially serious side effects.
Searching for a kratom supplier you can believe in? Check out Shot of Joy!
If you want to try Kava for yourself, we recommend checking out our site. We have pre-made kava drinks that are perfect for beginners.
Plus, our team is always available to answer any questions you may have about Kava or the best way to use it. So what are you waiting for? Give us a try today!
Related Link: How Long Does It Take for Kava to Kick In?