If you're looking for a way to find peace and relaxation, check out these 10 best meditation apps! From beginners to experts, there's an app for everyone.
What is Meditation?
Meditation is an ancient practice that has been used for centuries to reduce stress and increase energy. The act of meditation involves focusing your attention on yourself, your breath or a particular object in order to bring about an inner state of relaxation and mental clarity. By meditating, you can cultivate a greater awareness of yourself and your environment which can result in improved concentration, energy levels and overall wellbeing. Meditation can be practiced anytime, anywhere; all it requires is some time set aside and a quiet space to sit in silence. Whether guided by a teacher or practiced alone, meditation is a simple yet powerful tool that can help anyone achieve inner peace and find balance amidst the chaos of everyday life.
- Breathe: is a great app for people who want help to sleep better and get rid of stress, restlessness, and anxiety. Lynne Goldberg, a mindfulness coach, gives guided meditation series, motivational talks, and master classes on Breathe. These can help you deal with life's challenges and feel more at peace. You can also get a better night's sleep with the help of the app's sleep music playlists and bedtime readings. After a free trial period of 14 days, Breathe costs $12.99 per month.
- Headspace: Headspace helps you find calmness, wellness, and balance in your everyday life by giving you guided meditation and mindfulness techniques. The app also has new sleep meditations, such as music, nature soundscapes, or story-based sleep-casts, to help you relax before bed. Headspace makes plans for you based on what you tell it, so you can start with the basics of meditation and build on that. The app has a 14-day free trial, and after that, it costs about $70 per year or $13 per month.
- Calm: This is an award-winning app that helps you relax and deal with stress by giving you breathing exercises and other ways to calm down. The app also has a section called "Calm Kids" with meditations for kids between the ages of 3 and 17. In the Sleep Stories section, actors like Matthew McConaughey and Jerome Flynn, as well as other voice actors, help you fall asleep. Calm has a free 7-day trial, and after that, it costs about $15 per month or $70 per year.
- Buddhify: Buddhify has more than 200 meditations to help you deal with difficult emotions, reduce anxiety and stress, and sleep better. The app has mindfulness exercises that you can do while you are traveling, working, waking up, eating, or even just scrolling online. The app has sessions that last from 3 to 40 minutes, so it can be used by both new and experienced users. Buddhify costs about $5, and you can buy other things from within the app.
- iBreathe: This is a great app for meditators who want to try out different breathing cycles, session lengths, etc. in their practice. With iBreathe, you can change everything about a single meditation session, like how long it lasts and how much of each breathing technique you want to use. There are also pre-sets for the breathing exercises, which makes them easy for beginners or anyone who needs a short break. You can use the app for free, but you can pay $1.99 once to get rid of the ads.
- Breathe+: This app is meant to help you learn how to breathe "properly" so that you can get the most out of meditative breathing. This includes holding your breath for up to 30 seconds and inhaling or exhaling for even short amounts of time. Breathe+ has some features that are free, and you can pay about $1 per month, $5 per year, or $9 for life to get rid of ads and use all features.
- Simple Habit: This app gives you a variety of 5-minute exercises to help you start meditating every day. Simple Habit is adding more and more meditations to its database, so you can find one for any time of day, any personal situation, or any goal. Most sessions on the app are free to use, but if you want to download meditations and use all of the app's features, you'll have to pay for their premium plan. Simple Habit is a great choice for people who want to start meditating every day or who want to find specific meditations for different situations because it has so many of them.
- Mindfulness with Petit BamBou: This app can be used by people as young as 5 or as old as 100. It has a lot of 3- to 50-minute guided meditation courses in English, Spanish, and German, as well as other languages. The science of positive psychology, cognitive behavioral therapy, and mindfulness is used to make the courses in the app. It lets you subscribe for free or for a fee.
- Waking Up: Sam Harris is a New York Times best-selling author and public intellectual who has written a lot about the mind, body, and spirituality. Now, he is focusing on meditation with a huge collection of courses and other tools that are backed by science and can help you be more mindful. Waking Up can work with your other health apps and has more learning tools about philosophy, being yourself, and free will. There is no free content, and it costs about $100 per year to join. For a one-time fee of $799.99, you can get access for life. If you don't like the app, you can get your money back.
- Oak: There are a few short exercises in this app that can help you calm down and feel at ease. The app also keeps track of how long each session is, number of sessions completed, and more. This app only works with the iPhone and iOS, which is bad news for people who use Android.
Related Link: Best Kava for Euphoria: Supplements Guide
Benefits of Meditation
Meditation is an increasingly popular practice for individuals of all ages, backgrounds and lifestyles that offers a wide range of physical, mental and emotional benefits. On the physical level, regular meditation helps to reduce stress and improve energy levels as well as blood pressure. It can also help boost circulation, alleviate pain and support balanced functioning of hormones and organs. On the mental level, meditation has been shown to increase positive emotions while reducing anxiety, worry and fear. Additionally, this practice encourages a more mindful way of life that can increase focus on tasks which ultimately leads to improved productivity. Finally, on the emotional level, meditation works to increase self-awareness and develop a sense of connectedness with oneself as well as others. In other words, it gives one the ability to witness their own thoughts without judgment or invalidation and work through inner struggles more effectively.
Want to find a company you can trust that sells herbal products? Read our story.
How Often Should You Practice Meditation?
Practicing meditation daily can have a positive effect on energy levels and emotional wellbeing. Whether it's a short 10-minute session or a longer, 30-minute session, engaging in regular meditation can be extremely beneficial. The important thing is to find what works best for you personally. It's advisable to start with shorter sessions and build up the amount of time meditating as you feel comfortable. Different types of meditation such as progressive relaxation, mindfulness and visual meditations are all very effective, so it's worth exploring different approaches to benefit from the energy boost that comes with regular practice!
Related Link: Natural Sleep Aids: Remedies to Get to Sleep Fast
Using Meditation Apps
With so many meditation apps to choose from, it can be overwhelming to figure out which one is the best for you. Fortunately, we have shared our top ten picks for finding peaceful meditation with you. Whether you’re looking for a mindful teacher or just want to discover the practice on your own, take the time to understand the features of each app and find which one most resonates with you.
Remember that there are other ways to get into the right frame of mind too, such as through physical activity and journaling. Just remember while meditating: keep yourself grounded in the present and allow your thoughts to roam naturally without judgment or attachment.